Monday, May 21, 2007

They should just call me the Yarn Innkeeper*

(From 6/21, since now I have a good internet connection and it's letting me put up my pictures. Huzzah!)

I'm trying to be good. I really, really am.

As you may or may not know, I'm currently in Israel, awaiting the start of my excavations.


I had to pack minimally, so that I'm only lugging one suicase and not two. It worked. It also meant I had to choose small crochet projects (ie kippot) which would take a long time and would keep me occupied for the next 6 weeks.

As a reward for all the kippot I was going to make, I also brought some random yarns, just a minimal amount, to make some squares and stuff.






But then I went shopping, since there was a yarn store nearby. And got this:

Yes, it's acrylic. I know, I know. But there's really nothing else. Well, there's more kippah yarn. I might get that at the end of my trip, but for now I have enough kippah supplies.

I'm justifying it by the fact that I need to work on samples of my projects that I'm going to be teaching kids how to make this summer. And I can make other charity items. And it was there. And, well, it's yarn!


*If you don't get the reference, look up an artscroll chumash (first 5 books of the Torah) and see how they translate "Zonah."

No comments: