Wednesday, September 05, 2007

More adventures in plying


I'm still having some trouble getting the wheel to run smoothly when I ply. It kept on stopping for some reason. But I managed to ply this. It's all merino wool. And it was decadent to work with. (Unfortunately I don't get to keep it. That seems to be the norm with everything I create.)

At least I'm getting a lot better at keeping the yarn consistent. Pre-drafting helps a lot.

In other news, I am now in Cambridge. As is my yarn. I have a lot of yarn.

I also learned today that cats are entranced by spinning. My housemate has a psycho cat. Said psycho cat has been hissing at me a lot since I moved in on Sunday. But she was very nice to me when I was spinning, and kept poking her head into my room. And now she's hissing at me less. She's in my room right now, sniffing the wheel and the yarn.

If I get a chance, I might knit her a catnip mouse.

No comments: