Thursday, October 08, 2009


Today I experimented with dyeing roving to hopefully sell in my Etsy shop (which I just created this week). I bought 7lbs of merino wool on the internets, and I've been dyeing it in units of 4 oz., since that's what people usually have it in when they're selling hand-dyed roving.

My first batch came out darker than I would have liked, but apparently it's still pretty. I learned that I need to dilute the dyes more.

Also, I learned that the colors will blend a bit, and this yarn does not have the variegation I wanted it to have but oh well:

But batch 2 came out much better. Whee!

I have to wait for them to dry so I can properly photograph them, and then I can put them in the store. I hope people will like them and buy them and make pretty yarn out of them.

Here are 2 skeins of yarn that are from the fleece from my friend's alpaca farm. They actually do already exist in the etsy shop.

Also my banner is sad. It's a placeholder banner. I'll make a real one eventually (or pay someone else who has better skills than me).

No comments: