Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yarn Desk

I have a lot of yarn and fiber. The majority of it is in a bunch of huge bins up in my closet. However, I also have a desk downstairs. This is what it currently looks like:






Most of the stuff there is spun and/or dyed by me. I also have some leftover dyes from last session which sit in tupperware containers on top.

I hadn't intended it to become a yarn desk, but as I worked on projects I started leaving stuff there, and it's also right near where I dye things, so gradually stuff accumulated until the point where I decided that it was, in fact, a yarn desk. I'm not sure where I'm going to do work once classes start, but it isn't going to be here.

2 comments:

Faith said...

So cool! It must be really nice to have an area that is solely for yarn! :) I keep my yarn in a couple plastic bins. On top of a trunk I have what I call my "knitting nook," which is where I put all my patterns, books, and knitting bags with current projects. I am looking forward to having more room and having a bigger yarn area. Maybe I could have a yarn desk too! :)

Knitter of shiny things said...

It's definitely nice to have a yarn area, though there are a couple of non-yarn things on it, like paperwork for stuff.

I'm in the process of trying to make sure that my fibercraft doesn't take over the entire house. I also have my spinning wheel, and my shelf of spinning wheel related items. Those are in a room separate from the yarn desk. But I really am trying to contain things!